Wednesday, August 18, 2010

WIll Yahoo interfere with my McAfee internet protection?

I bought the McAfee internet Suite to protect my computer, but should I keep my yahoo protection, too, or will this interfere with my McAfee?



WIll Yahoo interfere with my McAfee internet protection?live update



They will probably keep detecting the others ongoing processes.



WIll Yahoo interfere with my McAfee internet protection?norten



No, you should remove the old one first. Two different internet virus scan programs can conflict each other, corrupt each other, or detect one another as a virus. McAfee's installer might actually force you to uninstall yahoo first.



A note, however... watch mcafee's protection. I have used it and it is not good at all. When you computer starts up, check the system tray (next to the clock) and make sure that the m logo stays red. I had a problem that it would shut off the protection as soon as the computer turned on. When I went to reenable it, it froze my computer. This is just something to look out for!
There will be a confliction--it just like running two antivirus programs at same time...not mention the power it will take from your computor.
i shut down all existing protection when i installed McAfee...



it should give enough protection (i do keep yahoo pop up blocker on though)
i dont think it will interfere. they both remove viruses, and unless they identify each other as viruses, keep them both
You will probably get some conflicts between the McAfee and Yahoo virus protection. Try running them together and if there are problems, you can disable the Yahoo virus protection from the tray icon or from programs unter AT%26T online protection (if your OS is Windows).
No it won't, I have Yahoo protection, and McAfee, and I have had no problems.
they will confict with each other, you will need to remove the yahoo protection before you install mcafee.

No comments:

Post a Comment