Friday, August 20, 2010

I have a question about my computer?

Okay. I have asked at least 5 previous questions on here about my computer. I have been trying to reinstall my sims 2 games but they dont seem want to play right. However, i did come to a conclusion as to what could be interferring with them. I have this antivirus protection thing installed on my computer. it is called: eztrust antivirus. I got it from roadrunner. The thing with that one is it is always running in the background. Do you think that, due to this being on all the time, is interferring with my games installing? also, if you think so. then how do I temporarily disable it?



I have a question about my computer?virus



Go to Start, click on Run, type msconfig and hit enter. Click the Startup tab and UNcheck CAVTray, caissdt, CAVRID and PPActiveDetection (these four are the eTrust on my computer) and look under Command for any others and UNcheck them. Click Apply and OK and your computer will ask to restart. Let it and a window will come up telling you you are using Selective Startup. Click the little box and then Ok (my brain hazy) if you want to continue to keep them off or just OK to remind you to turn them back on. To restore them repeat the above steps and just click Normal Startup, Apply and Ok on the first page and your computer will restart again but the box you saw the last time will not appear.



I have a question about my computer?anti virus

No comments:

Post a Comment