Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ever since I installed Norton AV my computer has been REALLY slow. Any suggestions for speeding it b

It was an upgrade from NAV 2003. It came with Internet Security. Norton Password and Protection center. My computer has 512 RAM, maximum setting for virtual memory, and is only a 2003. Yet, opening an excel sheet takes a whopping 1.5 minutes.



Ever since I installed Norton AV my computer has been REALLY slow. Any suggestions for speeding it back up?ducati



JUST UNINSTALL NORTON AND USE ANOTHER ANTIVIRUS



Ever since I installed Norton AV my computer has been REALLY slow. Any suggestions for speeding it back up?hp



norton sucks because its a memory hog. It hogged a gigabyte of ram on my computer. Now the disk is sitting in a landfill.
How many programs do you have that run upon startup? This will slow down your computer especially when your not using them at the time. There is no reason for a program to run if your not actively using it. The only programs I let run from start up is my protection programs.



To disable programs from running on startup:



START%26gt;RUN%26gt; type MSCONFIG%26gt;select SELECTIVE STARTUP%26gt; uncheck LOAD STARTUP ITEMS%26gt; select the STARTUP TAB%26gt; uncheck all programs you want to stop from startup.%26gt;click APPLY%26gt;CLOSE. Restart your computer. On restart a window will come up. Check the box for Do not show this again and click ok.



  • how to flirt with your boyfriend
  • actually make a decision
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment