Friday, August 20, 2010

What the heck is wrong with this crazy computer?

Dell diminsion 2400, will crash and turn power off.



I have installed new anti-virus protection, new modem, all i have available for now is dial up where I live. had 256 ram installed another 512 have windows defender,spy bot S/D. I have windows XP home. Most crashes occur when trying to connect with internet but not always. Cleaned out cobwebs and dust bunnies, hooked up a fan blowing directly on inside of puter. Basicly done all I have been told to do. When I do connect I can be surfing and sometimes it will randomly shut down. Would love to resolve this myself if possible. My recovery disk has been lost or I would try to wipe hard drive and reinstall win.XP Please can anyone give me a helping hand with this. If I can find someone I would spend my dime on a call for the help.



THANKS in advance for all input.



Also along with these problems there are times when the CD-ROM will open and close ALL BY ITSELF. This is driving me nuts. Thanx for any help



What the heck is wrong with this crazy computer?photoshop



Go to Microsoft.com and look up support for this problem. They will instruct you on how to read the error logs after an unexpected shutdown. Or how to make your system didplay the error type you are having instead of shutting down.



Eventhough this link does not list your problems exactly as you described them, it will give you the tools you need to capture any errors that are occuring that could be causing your problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment