Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I have this pop up on my computer before I had to reset it, I have no idea what it is for, or how to

EXPLORER caused a general protection fault in module KRNL386.EXE at 0001:000075a2.



I have this pop up on my computer before I had to reset it, I have no idea what it is for, or how to fix it...nortan antivirus



Do some computer maintenance.



- run Disk Cleanup - from the System Tools section of Accessories



- Open My Computer, then Right Click on your C drive and pick PROPERTIES. Pick the Tools section and click on CHECK NOW. Check both tests, and YES, let it run after you restart. You see, CHECK DISK will ensure that your hard drive is working completely. This test might take an hour or so.



- run DEFRAG - from the System Tools section of Accessories.



Keep your anti-virus solution up to date, and run a full scan weekly.



Keep your anti-spyware solution up to date, and run a full scan every few days. I recommend the free SpyBot Search %26 Destroy that you can get from http://www.download.com



Do all of this regularly, and your computer will run better.



You might also try getting Windows Updates.



Good luck and Happy Computing!



I have this pop up on my computer before I had to reset it, I have no idea what it is for, or how to fix it...nortonantivirus



If you have Yahoo Messenger are you sigining out each time



you log-off? Not signing out will cause other programs in



messenger to ''bump'' into each other creating Mini-Dumps.



Hope this helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment