Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Can A computer Be Hacked Through a Modem?

I have a Domain that has a server that accepts faxes using a 6 port modem. After considering it for sometime I am still unsure if this is a security hazard.



Is it possible for someone to dial into my windows firewalled machine pretending to be a fax and compromise my machine and network?



I have set up pretty solid security standards here and would hate to have such a easily preventable breach occur.



The way I see it is they would have to initiate a connection over the phone line, pretend to be a fax and then that line would be connected to my machine, which has no protection from the outside environment. I mean it is firewalled but I don't know if that applies to the fax port.



I dont know....give me some input PLEASE!



Can A computer Be Hacked Through a Modem?download



there is no escape from hackers |



yes u can be victim of getting hacked u think a modem is safe not at all u need to know know just ip nd nothing else u need to hav an isa server that is inernet security accelater that come with rock solid antvirus ANTIGEN BE CAREFUL nd breathe easy ...becoz urs server doesnot provide the contents to entice hackers to hack it ................lol



goodbye



Can A computer Be Hacked Through a Modem?hijackthis



Don't connect your fax unless someone you trust first sends you an email telling you a fax is on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment