Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I delete the Norton symantec virus (protection?) progam?

Norton Symantec virus and spyware protection was on my computer when I bought it. I no longer use this company and can't rid of the persistent pop-ups trying to get me to renew. I have tried the add-remove program in the windows control panel. I get a message that I cannot remove the program without the disk. I don't have a disk. This is the most annoying program I have ever seen. I hope someone can tell me how to get rid of it once and for all. It is worse than any virus that it claims to protect me from



How do I delete the Norton symantec virus (protection?) progam?internet security 2006



ok you go to your control panel



than you go to add/remove software



there and wait for the list to load



than eventually you will find da little icons for it



it would take the computer to restart after you uninstall it



k



How do I delete the Norton symantec virus (protection?) progam?microsoft



Norton is well known for sticking like a leech to your computer. You can try uninstalling it from Add / Remove Programs (Start %26gt; Control Panel %26gt; Add / Remove Programs). However, if it doesn't go, then you will have to visit Symantec's website to avail their online uninstallation guide.
Good luck with this. I removed it from my computer when I got it for the same reason. After I finally got all of it removed the computer didn't work. I had a very hard time doing this but finally got it done and working. Back up everything first in case there are problems. Parts of nortons is installed in many places in the computer and you can't get it all out with add remove. You will have to remove much of it from the registry.
Symantec has on their website a tool that completely removes ALL Symantec/Norton programs. Here's the page that has the link to it :

No comments:

Post a Comment