Wednesday, August 18, 2010

SBC Virus protection?

Recently, I was informed there was a update for my SBC Virus protection, so I thought, 'Hey! Why not?'



Unfortunately, my new virus protection sucks. SBC's update was Norton Virus protection, which does not work BTW. I get viruses and spam with this new version of the virus protection. My computer runs WAYYY SLOOWWWW now. Programs do not open anymore, it just makes me pissed.



Is there anyway to downgrade to the previous version. I was more protected with the older one than I am with the new one.



If anyone knows how to downgrade, please reply to this.



Thanks in advance.



SBC Virus protection?network security



You should be able to go into Add/Remove Programs and remove it from there.



You may also be able to go into the program and change some settings. It is now probably scanning each page looking for threats. If you set Windows settings to not allow the download of Active X and other programs without your permission, you should be safe without the page scanning. Norton's has always been a resource hog.



I have ATT (SBC) also but use McAfee AntiVirus plus. It includes the firewall and a Site Advisor which warns you if going to a known risky site.

No comments:

Post a Comment