Friday, August 20, 2010

My computer just goes off. I have to unplug it and plug it back in to make it come on. WHY?

It will go off and if I unplug the power cord to the puter and wait a minute and then plug it back in... it will work again for a while. All of my programs work fine and my virus protection is updated daily. Why does my computer keep doing this?



My computer just goes off. I have to unplug it and plug it back in to make it come on. WHY?viruses



This is probably one of two things. The less likely one is that your computer is overheating. If you use it for a lot of demanding tasks such as playing games or editing large amounts of audio/video then you could be taking out the graphics card and causing it to overheat.



More likely, however, if it seems to happen totally at random, your power supply is probably breaking. First, look at where the power cord plugs into the computer. Make sure that cord is completely connected. As long as there aren't any loose cords hanging around then its probably the power supply. If you find you have to purchase a new one they are fairly cheap and universally compatible. Anyone with intermediate-advanced PC skills could probably put a new one in for you.



My computer just goes off. I have to unplug it and plug it back in to make it come on. WHY?antispam



I would guess it is overheating. check the air that is blowing out of it and see how hot it is. More than likely a fan either in the power supply or on the cpu has stopped working.
You have a bad hardware problem. It sounds like either your power supply or your video card is going
Maybe it needs more memory. Get rid of some of the information you have on it or add more memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment