Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I get rid of unwanted virus protection software?

My brother-in-law mistakenly downloaded this virus software from http://www.virusprotectpro.com/. There is an icon in my quick launch that flashes and says ''system has detected a number of active spyware applications that may impact the performance of your computer. Click the icon to get rid of unwanted spyware by downloading an up to date anti-spyware solution''.



1. When I went to remove the program it does not exist!



2. The website does not provide un-install.



3. I tried to use System Restore and it will not allow me to restore!



4. Help!!!



How do I get rid of unwanted virus protection software?hijack this



Virus Protect Pro is the latest counterfeit anti-spyware software. Virus Protect ro usually installed itself onto your PC without your permission, through Zlob.Trojan, Virus or fake software. Virus Protect Pro will display fake system alerts or fake security alerts to trick user to buy the Paid Version of Virus.



My personal sugession is to download www.superantispyware.com and scan with it. It is free and will do the job first time round



How do I get rid of unwanted virus protection software?liveupdate



Best thing to do in this case is to google with a question on how to remove this adware and most likely you will find answers or other who have the same problem and the fix. It sounds like it has added itself to your registry and will need help deleting it's values. Good luck.
I HATE add/remove programs! it never gives you all of the programs that are installed. try this, it is not a scam, it is very efficient, and it has a whole ton of very usefull tools built-in. just... don't ust the Junk Scanner. it tends to read files as junk that are not junk, like the Registry, and user.temp files
Dam smart downloading a fraud anti-virus.

No comments:

Post a Comment