Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My ISP has the NORTON VIRUS protection included with their service package deal. Therefore is it nec

buy a seperate NORTON VIRUS PROGRAM for protection from viruses on my own personal computer, or will the one from my ISP do the job



My ISP has the NORTON VIRUS protection included with their service package deal. Therefore is it necessary to?computer protection



Unless Norton is installed on your computer you are at risk. Normally your ISP will only scan your emails.



wdw



My ISP has the NORTON VIRUS protection included with their service package deal. Therefore is it necessary to?free antivirus download



What does the ISPs Norton cover? Usually it's just email. If it covers the entire computer, fine, except that you can't do a virus scan off-line. And if something gets by Norton, or if the ISP has a problem with it, what then?



I'd install a second program like AntiVir (www.free-av.com), AVG or Avast (www.pcworld.com/downloads or www.downloads.com). I'd also put Spybot and AdAware on my machine and a good firewall like Zone Alarm. I absolutely do not trust someone else to safeguard my computer.
generally the isp protection is online and not complete protection.



i would install norton on your pc for total protection.
Avast is much better

No comments:

Post a Comment